CloudRecover support Engineers, may at times require you to send us your LiveVault diagnostic logs to further troubleshoot an incident or problem, below is information on how to locate and zip these logs for sending to the Engineer assigned to your support ticket.
To Locate and Zip the Logs on a Windows Server:
- In Windows Explorer, Browse to the LiveVault Program Directory, if the agent was installed some time ago, by default this will be C:\Program Files\Iron Mountain\BackupEngine otherwise it will be C:\Program Files\Autonomy\BackupEngine\
- Hold down Ctrl and left click on the lvMessage.0.log, lvSuper.0.log and the LVConfig.xml so that they are highlighted
- Right click on one of the highlighted files and then left click on Send To > Compressed (Zipped) Folder, a zipped copy of the logs will then be created in that folder.
To Zip the Livevault Logs in CentOS/Redhat Run the following from Terminal or SSH:
zip /usr/livevault/lvlogs.zip /usr/livevault/bin/LVConfig.xml /usr/livevault/bin/lvSuper.0.log /usr/livevault/bin/lvMessage.0.log
This command will create a lvlogs.zip file containing the LiveVault logs in the /usr/livevault directory
To Transfer the lvlogs.zip file from your Redhat/CentOS Linux Server to your windows dekstop:
- Download PSCP.exe from http://www.putty.org/ to the root of the C:\ drive on your windows client
- Open a command prompt as administrator type cd\ then hit enter, then enter the following command and hit enter:
Note: Replace Linux_Username with the linux username and Linux_Hostname_Or_IP with the Hostname or IP Address Of your Linux sever
This command will transfer the lvlogs.zip to the root of your C:\ on your windows client