This warning/error is coming directly from ESX server during quiesce snapshot process.
Could you please check the following vmware KB:
Other customers with the same issue solved the issue after reinstalling vmwaretools on the problematic machine.
In order to reinstall vmwaretools please follow the vmware guideline:
- uninstall vmwaretools
- shut down the VM (not a restart, but a shutdown)
- power on VM
- install vmwaretools again
If this operation doesn't solve the problem please perform the following test:
- open vSphereClient
- using vSphereClient perform a quiesce snapshot called "Test Snapshot with quiesce" of the problematic VM (quiesce enabled, memory disabled)
- once the snapshot is terminated, download ESX log file using VM Explorer:
- open VM Explorer
- switch to Datacenter tab
- select the ESX server of the VM
- once the server is refreshed right-click on the ESX server and choose "View ESX Log"
- save the ESX log
Review the log, if unable to find issue, submit a case to CloudRecover