What data should be collected when submitting a support case?
- Describe the problem and add a screenshot of what can be seen in the user interface (if applicable).
- In the Web Interface, go to "admin" -> "Settings" -> "Support" and click to "Generate New Debug Report"
- Download the zip file and provide it to support.
- Only in case the issue is related to the machine running VM Explorer or a Hyper-V server, the Windows Events log for "System" and "Application" should be collected as well.
a) Open the Windows Event Viewer (from command line execute: eventvwr.exe)
b) Select "Windows Logs"
c) Right-click over "Application", select "Save All Events As...", save in .txt format, zip and provide to support.
d) Right-click over "System", select "Save All Events As...", save in .txt format, zip and provide to support.
- This data will allow CloudRecover support engineers to analyze the issue. Futher logs (for example from the ESXi Server) may be needed in the further course of the support case, depending on the origin of the issue.